OPWDD Announces New Front Door Initiative
Opening the door to a richer, fuller life—that’s the goal of OPWDD’s new Front Door—a person-centered approach for people with developmental disabilities that prioritizes individual choices, needs, and desires in making decisions.
Opening the Front Door to Possibilities
The Front Door strives to:
- Improve the way people learn about OPWDD and available service options
- Better connect individual needs to available services
- Give people as many opportunities as possible for self-direction
Front Door services rest on the philosophy of self-determination and the idea that people with developmental disabilities have the right to:
- Enjoy more meaningful relationships with family, friends, and others in their lives
- Experience personal growth
- Fully participate in their communities
- Live in the home of their choice
Ultimately, opening the Front Door means people with developmental disabilities will have the opportunity to pursue their dreams and live the lives of THEIR choosing.