Next Innovative Ideas Workshop – Thursday, February 28th
On Thursday, February 28, 2013, OPWDD will hold the fifth in a series of workshops to showcase innovative ideas in development by collaborating groups of nonprofit agencies as they look for ways to support people with developmental disabilities under the People First Waiver. This Innovative Ideas workshop will be held via statewide videoconference from 9:30 am until noon, and will be followed by a brief discussion period at each videoconference site in which participants will offer feedback to OPWDD.
Two groups are scheduled to present at this workshop. Representatives from the InterAgency Council of Developmental Disabilities Agencies, Inc.(IAC) will highlight its efforts to leverage the purchasing power of member agencies to access pricing and service contracts as well as plans to share resources to maximize efficiencies in its administrative and operational systems. In addition, staff from Happiness House, a western New York based nonprofit agency affiliated with the Finger Lakes Cerebral Palsy Association, will provide an overview of its partnership with the B. Thomas Golisano Foundation on a non-certified transitional residence consisting of eight efficiency apartments. This home, which serves adults with Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) as well as adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, has been a catalyst in providing lifelong opportunities for individuals with disabilities as they strive toward independence in the community.
Registration is limited, and will be on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for registration is Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 5pm. To sign up to participate in this workshop, please e-mail the People First Waiver liaison in your area.
The following videoconference sites will be available for viewing the workshop:
- Bernard Fineson: Queens (Room 2)
- Brooklyn: Brooklyn (Large Conference Room)
- Broome: Binghamton (Theater)
- Capital District: Saratoga, Large Training Room
- Capital District: Schenectady (Building 3, Room 6)
- Capital District: Schenectady, IMS VC Room, Building 10
- Central New York: Syracuse (Northern Concourse – Regional Training Center)
- Finger Lakes: Rochester (25 Leaf)
- Hudson Valley: Thiells (Building 5, Room 2)
- Long Island: Commack (Small Training Room)
- Metro New York: Bronx (Videoconference Room 140)
- Metro New York: Manhattan (Activities Center)
- Staten Island: Staten Island (Building 13K, Training Room)
- Sunmount: Tupper Lake (Building 3, 2nd Floor Conference Room)
- Taconic: Kingston
- Western New York: West Seneca (Building 16, Meeting Room 1-153)
Following the workshop, OPWDD will provide a video of the workshop, presentation materials and a meeting summary on the People First Waiver webpage.