Fully Integrated Duals Advantage (FIDA-IDD)
OPWDD has joined together with the NYS Department of Health (DOH), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Partners Health Plan in a demonstration of how we can provide more coordinated care for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid services through a program known as Fully Integrated Duals Advantage (FIDA-IDD). The FIDA-IDD, which focuses on long-term care and acute care services, will offer more opportunities for people to direct their own services, be involved in care planning and live independently in the community.
New York State and CMS are contracting with Partners Health Plan to offer this FIDA-IDD program in New York City, Long Island, Rockland and Westchester Counties, which are the only areas in which it will be offered at this time. The target start date for people who choose to enroll in the program is no sooner than April 1, 2016.
This new care management program focuses on individuals who receive long-term care and intellectual and developmental disabilities service needs. The FIDA-IDD expands on the original FIDA Demonstration (implemented in January 2015).
Through the FIDA-IDD, existing Medicare and Medicaid benefits will be provided through an integrated benefit design that will include a dedicated interdisciplinary team to address each individual´s medical, behavioral, long-term supports and services, and social needs.
More information on the FIDA-IDD demonstration may be found at the following links:
- Announcement of FIDA-IDD Demonstration
- The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between CMS and New York State that establishes the demonstration parameters, is available at: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare-Medicaid-Coordination/Medicare-and-Medicaid-Coordination/Medicare-Medicaid-Coordination-Office/FinancialAlignmentInitiative/Downloads/NYMOUIDD.pdf
- For more information about the Financial Alignment Initiative, please visit CMS.gov at: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare-Medicaid-Coordination/Medicare-and-Medicaid-Coordination/Medicare-Medicaid-Coordination-Office/index.html
- A press release on the demonstration is available at: https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Press-releases/2015-Press-releases-items/2015-11-05.html
- FIDA-IDD program Q&A
- FIDA-IDD IDT Policy
- Register Now for a WebEx presentation about FIDA-IDD on February 23 at 2 pm
- FIDA-IDD and MSC program Fact Sheet & FAQs
- FIDA-IDD PPT for Individuals and Families