Office for People With Developmental Disabilities

Print: Print this page

Regulations, Guidance Documents and Administrative Memorandums



The New York State Department of State provides free access to all New York State regulations online at OPWDD’s regulations can be found under Title 14: Department of Mental Hygiene. Please note that these online regulations are an unofficial version and are provided for informational purposes only. No representation is made as to its accuracy, nor may it be read into evidence in New York State courts. Due to the timing of the posting process, the regulations posted on the Department of State website may not reflect the most current version of OPWDD regulations. For more information, please contact OPWDD’s Regulatory Affairs Unit at or 518-474-1830.

Additionally, OPWDD issues guidance directives, and administrative memoranda to the system, which may include any guideline, memorandum or similar document that provides general information or guidance to assist regulated parties in complying with any statute, rule or other legal requirement, but shall not include documents that concern only the internal management of the agency.

Notice and Disclaimer

While the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities makes every effort to post accurate and reliable information, it does not guarantee or warrant that the regulations posted on this web site are complete, accurate or up-to-date. This posting is not intended to replace official publication of regulations in the New York State Register, published by the New York State Department of State.

OPWDD assumes no responsibility for the use or application of any regulations posted here. This web site is intended solely for the purpose of electronically providing the public with convenient access to data resources. OPWDD assumes no responsibility for any error, omissions or other discrepancies between the electronic and printed versions of documents. Furthermore, OPWDD cannot provide individual legal advice or counseling. If you are seeking specific legal advice in relation to these regulations, you should contact a licensed attorney in your local community.