Developmental Disabilities Regional Offices (DDROs)
Developmental Disabilities Regional Offices (DDROs) (see map below) are the starting point to apply for services . With an eye to enhanced oversight and quality improvement, the Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) has established regions (“catchment areas”) that allow for better coordination of services with the State Office of Mental Health, State Department of Health and other agencies with whom we often partner in providing services.
In order to assist individuals and families to make informed choices about the supports and services best suited to their needs, DDROs work with local voluntary provider agencies to improve access to and coordinate services within a region (“catchment area”).
DDROs are responsible for the following activities:
- waiver enrollment (a Federal-State partnership which makes certain types of services available within the home or community so as to avoid placement in an institution)
- local management of Individual and Community Supports (ICS)
- management of resources for crisis intervention
- shared management of OPWDD statewide applications;
- service recruitment and development for the Family Care program; and
- programs, services and supports for aging individuals with developmental disabilities .
Eligibility for services is determined by the Developmental Disabilities Regional Offices (DDROs). Please contact the Eligibility Coordinator of the Regional Office representing the county in which the individual/family lives.
Lastly, DDROs act in a supporting role to DD State Operations Offices with regard to eligibility for others areas of statewide services including but not limited to: level of care determinations; clinical delivery and waiver service delivery; Article 16 clinics; quality improvement processes; review of audit reports for trend analysis; emergency preparedness; safety, security and maintenance; and implementation of OPWDD initiatives.
For Regional Office contact information, please click on the region of the map which includes your county.