The Office of Housing Initiatives and Supports, directed by Dr. Lucinda Grant-Griffin, has two locations. Our main location is in Albany at the OPWDD Central Office; our second location is in Manhattan at the OPWDD New York City Regional Office. Additionally, there is a Housing Coordinator at each of OPWDD’s 13 local Developmental Disabilities Service Offices (DDSOs). Please see below for contact information.
- Contact OPWDD’s Office of Housing Initiatives & Supports by calling (518) 473-1973 or by e-mailing Housing.Initiatives@OPWDD.ny.gov or by writing the Office of Housing Initiatives & Supports, 44 Holland Avenue, Albany, N.Y 12229-0001.
- Contact the local DDSO Housing Coordinator (contact list).
- Schedule a face-to-face or telephone meeting with a housing counselor.
- Complete a Counseling Intake form.
- Attend HUD-Approved Counseling session(s).
- Follow-up with your assigned housing counselor.