IBR to Host Autism Conference on April 11th
The 6th Elizabeth A. Connelly Memorial Conference:
Autism Throughout the Lifespan
April 11, 2013, 8 am–4 pm
Hilton Garden Inn, Staten Island, NY
The 6th Elizabeth A. Connelly Memorial Conference will feature four presentations by internationally recognized experts on the diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorder and on the development and functioning of individuals with autism during adolescence and adulthood.
- Catherine Lord, PhD Director, Center for Autism and the Developing Brain, Weill Cornell Medical College and New York Presbyterian Hospital, White Plains, NY
- Marsha R. Mailick, PhD Director, Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ami Klin, PhD Director, Marcus Autism Center, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta; Professor & Chief, Division of Autism and Related Disorders, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Susan L. Hyman, MD Professor, Neurodevelopmental & Behavioral Pediatrics, University of Rochester Medical Center, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY
- The new DSM-5 criteria for diagnosing autism
- The transition to adulthood for individuals with autism
- Emerging tools for diagnosis of autism in infancy
- Complementary and alternative treatments for autism
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Medical and health professionals; psychologists; psychiatrists; researchers; education professionals, including teachers, special education teachers, and speech pathologists; staff members of service provider agencies; parents and caregivers; and adolescents and adults with autism spectrum disorder
American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
This course is offered for up to 0.5 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area).
American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
This activity has been submitted to the Massachusetts Association of Registered Nurses for approval to award contact hours. The Massachusetts Association of Registered Nurses is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
American Medical Association (AMA)
An application has been submitted to award AMA PRA Category 1 Credits for participation in this educational activity. Please check this website regularly for updates on the status of this application.
To REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT, please go to:
- Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities
- NYS Office for People With Developmental Disabilities
- Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene
- Richmond University Medical Center
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.